Okay. I decided to pick up engineering, Here's the guide that I created last night, trying to spend the least amount of gold I could. I must admit that it's about 70 gold for EVERYthing, But in the end, you'll have like 20-25 gold in your pocket. This is the Quick and Dirty way. If you can't keep up with the bill, I suggest getting mining, as it alleviates nearly 90% of your costs when you just straight mine to 300.
Before I start, you need to realize this is not a 1-85 leveling guide, it's just a guide that will help you get your engineering up quick, if you need a leveling guide, the bestone is Dugi's 1-110 Legion leveling Guide..
First is the shopping list of all items I used in my powerlevel. You
WILL have leftovers on most things but I padded for the unlucky.
Next is the List itself. What to skill up on until the level
desired. For instance, 1-40 means stop doing it when you get your
40th profession point. Next, what typically you can do with the
item. Then, AHed ingredients and finally the ingredients in ONE make
of the crafted item.
1-40: Rough Blasting Powder, sell all [90 Rough Stones] (1xRough Stone)
41-50: Handful of Copper Bolt, used for 66-75.[10 Copper Bars] (1xCopper Bar)
51: Ar$%@%e Spanner
52-65: Copper Tubes, 10 used for 66-75.
66-75: Rough Boom Sticks, sell all (
76-95: Coarse Blasting Powder, keep 20 for 121-125.
96-105: Silver Contacts, Keep 5 for 146-150, Keep 5 for
106-120: Bronze Tubes, sell all.
121-125: Small Bronze Bombs, sell all.
126-145: Heavy Blasting Powder, 10 for 146-150, 50 for
150-175, 15 for 191-195.
146-150: Big Bronze Bombs, throw at friends or sell.
150-175: Blue, Green or Red Fireworks, sell.
176: Gyromatic Micro-Adjustor
177-190: Solid Blasting Powder, 10:206-210, 15:211-225,
191-195: Big Iron Bomb, sell
196-205: Mithril Tubes, sell.
206-210: Unstable Triggers, 10 for 236-245.
211-225: Hi-Impact Mithril Slugs, sell on AH for good profit
226-235: Mithril Casings, 20 for 236-245.
236-245: Hi-Explosive Bomb, sell.
246-250: Mithril Gyro-Shot, sell.
251-260: Dense Blasting Powder, Keep all for shells!!
261-290: Thorium Widget, keep for most high-end stuff or
290-300: Thorium Tubes, keep for most high-end stuff or sell.
2. You must have 160 engineering.
3. Learn the schematic directly from 3500-D terminals on the way to Thermaplugg from the back door, in the engineering labs.
1. Take your first left, unlock the gate, run up to the gate on the right, unlock that, run up to the door on the left, unlock it.
2. Walk up to the big gear in this room, and unlock the chain.
3. Run up the ramp in this room, take the left up the stairs, then follow the hallways. You'll come to a room with about 4 fire elementals, stairs going down on the left, and a ramp going down on the right. Go right.
4. Ahead of you will be many non-elite gnomes and elite elementals standing around. Go straight down from the ramp until you come to a room with a named, and two elementals guarding him.
5. The plans are to your right.)
It takes 12 Thorium Bars, 4 Rugged Leather, 1 Fused Wiring, 2
Elemental Earth, and 1 Elemental Fire. It has only 1 charge before
it is expended. Not cheap.
2) (205) Goblin construction hat (AC 44, +15 fire resist, cloth, BoP) Use: absorb 300 to 500 fire damage for 1 minute.
3) (205) Goblin sapper charge (explosive, limited use) Damage enemies around you for a lot while damaging you for slightly less.
4) (205) Goblin Rocket Fuel recipe (creates a recipe) create recipes for alchemists, who in turn can supply you with goblin rocket fuel, necessary for some schematics.
5) (205) Goblin Mortar (explosive, 6 uses) Has a minimum and maximum range. Binds on equip, so you can recharge your own mortar (using the Mortar: Reloaded schematic gained at the same time) for significantly fewer resources than a new mortar, but cannot recharge anyone else's as it is soulbound to them. Also worth noting is that this item apparently still causes a "stun" effect instead of a "disorient" effect, which is somewhat more useful. However, the radius is smaller than listed, probably 6 yards instead of 10.
6) (225) Goblin Rocket Boots (AC 41, cloth) These boots are one of the few items usable by those without the engineering skill. They allow fast running for a short period of time, but are prone to explosion.
7) (230) Goblin Bomb Dispenser (trinket, BoP) Can create one bomb that behaves as an exploding sheep, every 30 minutes.
8) (235) The Big One (explosive, 2 uses) A massive bomb that deals high damage in a huge radius. Has a longer than usual activation time.
9) (240) Goblin Dragon Gun (trinket, BoP) A 10-second channel creates a cone of flame that deals damage each second.
10(?) (245) Goblin Rocket Helmet (AC 50, +15 sta, cloth) Allows you
to charge an enemy, knocking it unconscious
for 30 seconds and yourself for less time. Damage ends the effect.
2) (205) Inlaid mithril cylinder plans (creates a recipe) creates plans for blacksmiths, who in turn can provide you with mithril cylinders, necessary for some schematics.
3) (210) Gnomish Goggles (AC 45, +9 agi, +9 sta, +9 spi, cloth, BoP) goggles with agility
4) (210) Gnomish Net-O-Matic Projector (trinket) Roots target for 10 seconds, 10 minute cooldown. Can backfire and root the user instead.
5) (215) Gnomish Harm Prevention belt (AC 66, +6 sta, leather) Use: blocks 500 damage over the next minute, but can also temporarily remove the user from reality.
6) (225) Gnomish rocket boots (AC 41, cloth) requires engineering to use, but cannot be destroyed like the goblin version.
7) (230) Gnomish Battle Chicken (trinket, BoP) summons a combat chicken for 90 seconds. 30 minute cooldown.
8) (235) Gnomish mind control cap (AC 50, +14 spi, cloth) allows mind control of your target for a short time.
9) (240) Gnomish death ray (trinket, BoP) a 4-second channel deals
damage to you each second, and then releases
more than the total amount at your target. Aggros as you start
Engineering 300 to 375
300 - 310
Your going to need 40 x Fel Iron Casing, 60 x Handful of Fel Iron Bolts and 45 x Elemental Blasting Powder, so just make all that first and you'll get to 310+.
310 - 320
Fel Iron Bomb (1 x Fel Iron Casing (3 x Fel Iron Bars), 2 x Handful of Fel Iron Bolts (1 x Fel Iron Bar) 1 x Elemental Blasting Powder(1 x Mote of Fire, 1 x Mote of Earth)) x 10
320 - 335
Fel Iron Musket: 3 x Fel Iron Casing (9 x Fel Iron Bar), 4 x Handful of Fel Iron Bolts (4 x Fel Iron Bars) x 15
335 - 350
White Smoke Flare (1 x Netherweave Cloth), 1 x Elemental Blasting Powder (1 x Mote of Fire, 1 x Mote of Earth)) x 25
350 - 355
Felsteel Stabilizer (2 x Felsteel Bar) x 5
355 - 360
Ultra-Spectropic Detection Goggles (4 x Heavy Knothide Leather, 2 x Khorium Bar, 2 Deep Peridot, 2 x Small Prismatic Shard) x 5
360 - 375
Khorium Scope (1 x Hardened Adamantite Tube (3 x Hardened Adamantite Bar), 4 x Khorium Bar, 2 x Dawnstone) x 15
Approximate Required Materials
255 x Fel Iron Bars
35 x Mote of Fire
35 x Mote of Earth
10 x Felsteel Bars
20 x Heavy Knothide Leather
70 x Khorium Bars
10 x Deep Peridot
10 x Small Prismatic Shards
45 x Hardened Adamantite Bars
30 x Dawnstones
25 x Netherweave Cloth
180 x Thorium Bars
Gurth on EU-Draenor has provided the following tip:
Just wanted to add a tip for goblin engineers. Reloading your goblin mortar will grant you skill ups till 375 :D (yes even if it's grey)
You will die sometimes, due to mortar charge exploding, losing some mats and travelling time from the closest graveyard (i know i had up 2 minutes rez timer! :) ), but you will skill up every 3-4 succesful crafts.
Considering that 1 craft only requires 3 solid blasting powder (6 stones), and a single mithril bar, makes this a dirty chaep way to get lasts otherwise uber expensive 50 points. Hurry up before blizz fix what is most likely a bug :)
So try it out :)
World of Warcraft